This focused issue on “Strategies for Improvement Bone Regeneration in Facial Deformities” is edited by Dr. Leonardo Perez Faverani from São Paulo State University (UNESP), School of Dentistry, Araçatuba, São Paulo, Brazil.
Leonardo Perez Faverani, DDS, MSc, PhD
Department of Surgery and Integrated Clinic, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology, São Paulo State University (UNESP), School of Dentistry, Araçatuba, São Paulo, Brazil
Leonardo P. Faverani, born in December 1983 at Sao Paulo city, graduated from School of Dentistry, Sao Paulo State University (UNESP) in January 2007; had a residence program, Master, Doctorate degrees and postdoctoral on Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Bauru and Araçatuba, Brazil. Prof. Faverani is advisor in Postgraduate Program on Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology; Full member of Brazilian Division of International Association for Dental Research (IADR); Full member of Brazilian College on Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Adjunct coordinator of Chapter VIII (São Paulo – 2018-2019); Tutor of PET program (Tutorial education program); Founder and Coordinator of Academic League of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from São Paulo State University, Araçatuba.
Prof. Faverani has worked in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology, including maxillofacial trauma, orthognatic surgery, oral surgery, bone regeneration, bioactivity, biomodulation and, development of new materials for biomedical applications. He was published more than 140 full papers and two chapters book.
Focused issue outline:
- Reconstructive plastic surgery in facial deformities
- Facial transplants: current status
- Medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaws: outcomes of large resections
- Antimicrobial photodynamic therapy as coadjuvant therapy in the osteonecrosis of the jaw related the medication
- Benign and malignant tumor surgery: how to do the large bone reconstructions nowadays?
- Clinical assessment of microvascular reanastomized fibula and iliac crest bone flaps on mandibular reconstruction
- Simultaneously dental implants placement in extraoral donor graft sites OR Virtual Planning in bone reconstruction with extraoral donor graft sites
- Current concepts of total temporomandibular joint replacement
- Management of condylar hyperplasia and osteochondromas: the experience of an important residence program in Brazil
- Use of polymethyl methacrylate on oral and maxillofacial surgery: are there feasible results?
The series “Strategies for Improvement Bone Regeneration in Facial Deformities”was commissioned by the editorial office, Frontiers of Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine without any sponsorship or funding. Leonardo Perez Faverani is serving as the unpaid Guest Editor for the series.